Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Life is Beautiful, Full and Sweet

It has been an action packed week of having my parents here, and two days with my brother and sister-in-law along with their two sweet girls visiting.  The days have been full, and our fun often flowed well into the night.

Now that it is Sunday evening, Mother's Day, and my parents are on an airplane home back to Calgary, my brother with his family are on the ferry-boat back to their home, and my two gorgeous boys happen to be out at a park; I find myself sitting in the stillness of our apartment all alone.

I am able to just relax and bask in the afterglow of a weekend filled with family love, and a beautiful day to celebrate motherhood in conjunction with being a child.  As I put my feet up, it occurs to me that our days go by all too quickly, and the years disappear in the blink of an eye.

I am reminded to live each day as if it were the last and best day of my life.
For truly today is the only one we have, and I'm sure that those days where I am successfully able to live in this way, will indeed be looked upon as the best days of my life!
For life is a divine mystery, and each moment is beautiful, full, and sweet, if we have the eyes to see, the ears to hear, and the heart to feel the very pulse of life itself.

Something Special For Mother's Day:

Your Mother is always with you.  She is the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street.  
She is the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick, the fragrance of life itself.  She is the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well.  She is your breath in the air on a cold winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colours of a rainbow; she is Christmas morning.  
Your mother lives inside your laughter.  She is the place you came from, your first home, and she is the map you follow with every step you take.  She is your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you not time, not space... not even death.

~ Author Unknown ~  



No comments: